We love to help you spice up your meal times, which is why we’ve launched a brand new collection of two limited edition soups and a pasta sauce which have been developed especially for spring.
Our new Moroccan Harira meal soup, and Rustic Italian Tomato & Balsamic skinny soup will also be joined by a brand new limited edition pasta sauce – Creamy Italian Tomato & Roasted Vegetables. All will be available in supermarkets from 14th April 2012 for a limited time only.
Rustic Italian Tomato & Balsamic Skinny Soup is a traditional blend of sweet roasted tomatoes and tangy balsamic vinegar, offering a light yet deliciously filling meal. It’s packed full of tasty ingredients and has just 0.6% fat!
If it’s a flavoursome and vibrant taste of Africa that you are looking for, the new Moroccan Harira Meal Soup is the one for you. Bursting with the goodness of chicken, chickpeas, lentils, tomato and peppers, the Harira is finished off with a lively sprinkling of spices – guaranteed to transport you to Morocco’s souks and spice markets.
A smooth Creamy Italian Tomato & Roasted Vegetables sauce rounds off our trio of spring offerings – a stylish and sophisticated sauce with velvety mascarpone, which is perfect over any short pasta. All three products are suitable for vegetarians.
We believe in soup as a meal all year round, and spring is certainly no different. Here are five reasons why we think you shouldn’t ditch the soup in spring:
1. Among the hustle and bustle of spring, soup can help you slow down. Spooning, slurping, smelling and tasting your soup makes you slow down while eating, which is better for your enjoyment of your food and better for your health.
2. Soup is a great way of increasing your intake of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and can help fight against dehydration as the weather gets warmer. Most of our soups contain at least one of your five a day.
3. If you’re looking towards bikini season, you should keep fresh soup on standby. Research has proved that people who eat soups alone, or as part of a meal, feel fuller for longer and intake less calories during the rest of the day – good for your insides and keeps you looking good on the outside too!
4. Not only are our products full of bold and exciting ingredients, they’re convenient and easy to heat too; perfect for fitting a nutritious meal in around spring cleaning.
5. A survey that we commissioned found that soup could in fact have the same effect on our wellbeing as taking paracetamol tablets or lemon-flavoured hot drinks.
You can find the Rustic Italian Tomato & Balsamic Skinny Soup and Moroccan Harira Meal Soup at Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Booths, Budgens and Dunnes Stores, and the Creamy Italian Tomato & Roasted Vegetables sauce at Asda, Sainsbury’s, Booths, Budgens and Dunnes Stores.
We love hearing your feedback on our limited edition and long-standing product range, so don’t forget to let us know what you think of our new soups!