Our good friend Anna, of the excellent Word in Veg Ways blog, has donated this delicious veggie recipe to us as part of our Veggie Blogger Takeover. Even better, it can easily and quickly be adapted to suit both veggies and non-vegetarians in one meal!
Note: This recipe is based on, but has been adapted from, Jamie Oliver’s book ‘Jamie’s Italy’.
3 Cloves of Garlic
1 large onion
200g Linda McCartney Fish-Free King Prawns
100ml White Wine
6 Sundried Tomatoes
½ bag of Rocket
Oil and salt for cooking
Optional: Red chillies
– Cook the spaghetti in salted water as per packet instructions.
– Fry the garlic and onion together and red chillies if you are using them.
– In a food processor, whizz up the sundried tomatoes until you have a paste.
– (NB: at this point, if you’re making a seafood portion in addition to the Fish-free one, get a spare saucepan, put half of the garlic, onion and chilli mixture into it and add the seafood. This will ensure that the two portions remain separate. Following on from here, start dividing up the remainder of the ingredients between the two saucepans).
– Add the fish-free king prawns to the garlic and onions mixture.
– Add the white wine, sundried tomato paste and mix together.
– Gently heat but ensure that the mixture(s) don’t burn. Add a little more wine or some tomato puree if you see it becoming too dry.
– Drain the spaghetti and divide into two bowls.
– Add the fish-free king prawn mixture on top (or fish-free king prawn to one bowl and the seafood mix to the other bowl).
– Sprinkle the rocket leaves on top.
– Squeeze lemon juice on top.
– Ready to serve with garlic bread or whatever you fancy!
** As well as this veggie portion, you can make another portion for meat-eaters using prawns or a seafood medley.**