To celebrate the launch of the GLORIOUS! Flavour Map we are giving away a top prize to one lucky person who pins a flavour on to our interactive online map during June.
The lucky winner will be able to choose from one of our fantastic A-Z of prizes which includes everything from an Artisan Baking class to designer shoes or an X-ray dining experience. Or, if any of those 26 fantastic prizes don’t appeal, as an alternative there’s an iPad 3 to giveaway.
The GLORIOUS! Flavour Map has been launched as part of our A-Z of Global Flavours ethos and our commitment to searching out new and interesting flavour combinations from across the world.
It is the world’s first interactive online tool for people to pin and share flavour inspiration from across the world. Anyone can sign in to the map and then pin meals, recipes, and natural produce to specific locations using Google Street View and then attach images and write reviews.
Here are a few examples already pinned to the map:
- Salted Grasshopers http://www.gloriousfoods.co.uk/flavourmap/#/flavour/311
- Wild Strawberries http://www.gloriousfoods.co.uk/flavourmap/#/flavour/272
- Philly Cheese Steaks http://www.gloriousfoods.co.uk/flavourmap/#/flavour/323
- Fox Dung Coffee http://www.gloriousfoods.co.uk/flavourmap/#/flavour/321
Taking part is easy:
- Visit www.gloriousfoods.co.uk/flavourmap and sign in using a Facebook and Twitter account or by entering an email address
- Click on the ‘Submit a Flavour’ tab and then follow the instructions to locate and pin your flavour
- Everyone who pins a flavour between now and 30th June will go into the draw to win a prize
As well as allowing you to pin flavours, the map is also fully searchable by location, cuisine, price and description, serving as a ‘TripAdvisor for taste’. You can also share submissions using Facebook and Twitter and vote on each flavour tag, with the most popular displayed on a leaderboard.
We’ll use the Flavour Map to crowdsource and develop new flavours for our delicious soups, sauces and stews – so all the more reason to get tagging your favourite flavours!