It’s time for another recipe from our friend Anna at Word in Veg Ways! This time we’ve got a delicious veggie Fried Green Tomatoes – don’t knock ‘em till you’ve tried ‘em!
Ingredients (Serves 2 or 4 if served as a side dish)
- 4 large green tomatoes (standard salad tomato size)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (or sea salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Optional: Cajun Spice powder (for a taste of the Deep South)
- Vegetable oil for frying
1. Slice tomatoes 1/2 inch thick.
2. In a large frying pan, heat the vegetable oil over a medium heat.
3. Place tomatoes into the frying pan and season with salt, pepper and Cajun powder (if using).
4. When the tomatoes are browned, flip and fry them on the other side.
5. Serve as an accompaniment for a meal or as a snack.