The A-Z of Global Flavours
The Recipe Wall
Turkish Pepper, Tomato, & Chickpea Salad
- 1 large red, green, yellow pepper
- 1 small red chilli - chopped
- 300g cherry tomatoes - halved
- 200g chickpeas
- 1 aubergine
- Small bunch coriander & mint
- Half tsp smoked paprika
- Half tsp cumin
- Half tsp sumac
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Char-grill peppers until charred all over. Place in a plastic bag to loosen the skin. When the peppers have cooled, peel and chop them. Place in large bowl.
- Char-grill aubergines and then place in an oven and bake @ 220C for 50 minutes. Leave to cool and then peel, chop and add to peppers.
- Mix all other ingredients in to peppers and aubergine. Check seasoning.
- Serve with crispy pitta bread and leaves if required.